Pure and genuine religion in the sight of God the Father means caring for orphans and widows in their distress and refusing to let the world corrupt you. James 1:27

Thursday, September 15, 2011

Yes you heard me right, we want all 4.

Friday
September 9, 2011

Eric and Wendy were a quite surprised and very excited. These were 4 wonderful boys, but for some reason, up until this point, no one had stepped forward to adopt them. Its b/c they were meant for us.

Alright, we've got to find a way to talk to the boys before they're gone. Next stop is the eye doctor, we'll talk there. Again I follow the van in my car. When we stop my palms are sweaty and I can't quit smiling. How do I do this? What do I say? Bill's not with me. Is this what he wants too? There's no time and he can't answer his cell phone at work. I have to do it now or lose the moment forever. I ask Katya to get Darkleg and Artem out of the van so we can talk. Sasha and Anton go into the doctor's office.

This is not the greatest place for this conversation, but we find a suitable, shady spot next to the building and lead the boys over. The girls and I stand facing the 1st two boys. We tell Katya to tell them that we love them and we want them to be a part of our family. She begins speaking in Russian and before she can get it all out, Oleg is saying "yes, yes, yes, definitely." Artem has a very distressed look on his face. He begins speaking to Katya. We're holding our breath waiting. She tells us he says he has a younger brother and sister, can he still be adopted? We explain to him that they may have to ask their permission. I tell him that we will understand if he doesn't want to leave his brother and sister. We do not want to pressure him, we just want him to know he is wanted. I tell him to think about it, this is a very big decision. He speaks again to Katya. What he says breaks my heart. He asks, "Why did you choose me?" I tell him b/c he is so dang cute and his dimples stole my heart from the very 1st day. This makes him smile and he says he wants to think about it on the way to the airport. We all hug and there are no words to express the feeling.

Sasha and Anton come out of the doctor's office and we call them over to our now special spot on the side of the building. Oleg and Artem have returned to the van, so its just us, Katya, Sasha, and Anton. I ask Katya to tell them that we've fallen in love with them over the past week and we want to know if they'd like to be part of our family. She begins speaking to them in Russian and slowly I see the biggest smiles I've ever seen cover Sasha and Anton's faces. Sasha says yes 1st and then Anton says yes too! We hug, we cry happy tears, and begin telling them about our home, our dogs, our cats, etc... It is one of the happiest moments I've had so far in my life.

I have to follow the van to one more stop to drop off some luggage into someone else's car that will be going to Atlanta. While they're unloading my car, Eric comes over and says he has something to tell me and it will probably make me cry. He says after all the boys were back in the van Anton told him on that morning he had prayed for the 1st time to God. He prayed that God would get him out of the orphanage. I couldn't believe it. I knew then, without a doubt, this is what we were meant to do.  

No comments:

Post a Comment