Pure and genuine religion in the sight of God the Father means caring for orphans and widows in their distress and refusing to let the world corrupt you. James 1:27

Sunday, September 18, 2011

Surprise Bill! You're going to have 4 sons!

Friday
September 9, 2011 (cont'd)

I thought I'd better text Bill & tell him I urgently needed to speak with him. I texted him to find a place and call me. He did and I went through the whole story, how we could talk to the boys today about adoption & how I had to do it without him with me. I told him I had talked to Oleg, Sasha, Anton, and Artem and that all had said yes but Artem, he needed time to think about it. Bill was surprised, excited, and almost speechless, but mostly he was just plain happy. Oh how I wish he'd been there with me, to see the boys faces, the huge smiles.

Ends up the van has one more stop to make, the ATM. Hope and Hayden have decided they're going to ride with them to the airport. There's not enough room for me and I don't think I want to drive that far. Also, I'm just so happy I can't wipe the grin off my face and I'm not sure I could handle the goodbye at the airport. Best to leave it like it is now, they're happy and I'm happy. We follow the van to the bank so I can get the girls some money to take with them. After getting some cash we walk over to the van. I'm hugging the boys who are hanging out the back doors and then I'm called to come around to the side. As I walk up to the side of the van, I'm met by a smiling Artem. Yes, he says. Really! Are you sure? Yes, he says again. We hug and celebrate. Ok, got to call Bill back and let him know its for sure now, we're adopting all 4!

They all load up in the van, including my 2 girls, and head to Atlanta and I go on home. I'm out in the back yard taking the dogs out when I hear someone pull up in the driveway. Its a van! I run to the back door and sure enough its the BridgeStone van. They have come by to surprise me and let the boys see our house. They meet the dogs & cats, they see the pool & are very excited, and then they want to see where there rooms will be. I'm mortified b/c we've been up at BridgeStone most of the week, so the house is a mess. The boys don't seem to mind though. They have to hurry and get back on the road, but before they go we get a good picture of us in front of the house.

As they pull away from the house I'm thinking, "Wow! In a few months I'll have 6 kids!"

No comments:

Post a Comment