Pure and genuine religion in the sight of God the Father means caring for orphans and widows in their distress and refusing to let the world corrupt you. James 1:27

Sunday, October 9, 2011

New perspective & renewed strength

There's nothing like seeing tragedy in someone else's life to remind you how blessed you really are. One of my daughter's friends from elementary school was killed in a car accident last night. She was only 14 years old, she would have been 15 later this month. Her father is in ICU with broken ribs and a punctured lung and another girl riding with them suffered a broken pelvis. My heart just aches for them-her parents, I think especially for the mother. Not only has she suffered the loss of her daughter, but her husband is injured and unable to be at her side.
Suddenly our problems seem so small by comparison. I was mourning the loss of children I never had and she mourns a daughter she will never hold in her earthly arms again.
I am thankful for my family and I will be thankful whether we bring home 1 boy or 3 boys and a girl from Ukraine. We will accept whatever it is that God has planned for us.

"For I know the plans I have for you," declares the Lord. "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future."         Jeremiah 29:11

No comments:

Post a Comment