Pure and genuine religion in the sight of God the Father means caring for orphans and widows in their distress and refusing to let the world corrupt you. James 1:27

Thursday, October 6, 2011

And then there was one...

We got very disappointing news today. This is ending up to be a week full of up and downs. First the doubts last week, then the elation Sunday when our Sunday school class donated the full amount for our home study, and now today news that we can not have all four kids. Talked with the social worker today and after reviewing our paper work, we don't financially qualify for all four. Not only that, we can't even pursue one at this time. Since Bill was laid off most of the year and has only been at his new job for 3 months, she recommends doing the home study in February and for only one child.   
I have to admit when she 1st told me I just knew I'd cry, but the tears never came. I just felt peace. God's timing is perfect and He is telling us to slow down, get your financial house back in order, and wait for this to unfold the way He has planned. I'm not saying that I'm not sad, but I think I'm more sad for Artem, Vlad, and Leana. We really wanted them to be a part of our family, but we have to keep in mind that its not about what we want but what He wants. 
We are going to continue fund raising so when the home study is completed we'll be that much closer to meeting the cost of our adoption.  We received $60 in donations from Toni Doss and her mom Kaye last night at church. Thank yall so much for your support! We have a t-shirt sale coming up soon. I will post photos of the shirts and you will be able to pre-order. We're also thinking about having a yard sale, so if you have some items you've been thinking of taking to Goodwill-bring it to the Hollidays instead! (We'll even come pick it up!)
Thank you for every one's prayers and support.   

1 comment:

  1. I'm sorry about the news. But we keep trusting the Lord for His perfect plan. Let me know if you want to hold off on the bunk beds.

    ReplyDelete