Pure and genuine religion in the sight of God the Father means caring for orphans and widows in their distress and refusing to let the world corrupt you. James 1:27

Sunday, March 24, 2013

Becoming Mom & Dad

Daniel has known us as Bill & Kim for so long, we knew it wouldn't change to Mom & Dad over night. He has been referring to us as Mom & Dad for a long time, like, "That's Bill, my dad, and Kim, my mom." Or when he writes to us on Facebook he will address us as Mom & Dad. This is a big deal. I know it's something that can't be rushed. It's something he will have to decide to do on his own. But I'd be lying if I said that I don't long for it.
I have noticed the more time he spends with us, the more times he refers to us as Mom & Dad. Bill asks: "Where is Hope?" Daniel replies: "She's with Mom." or he may say, "Dad went to the market.", but still when speaking TO US it's Bill & Kim.
Until tonight! I don't know what changed, but I was telling him to put on another shirt because it's cold outside. Then he said, "Mom! We only going 2 meters!" It's pretty much been Mom the rest of the night. There have still been a few Kim's here and there, but mostly Mom. I'm trying not to act like it's a big deal. That I'm not just over the moon! But, I have to admit, it's hard to keep the goofy grin off my face right now! And he may go back and forth for a while and that's okay. Like I said, this is a big deal. I want him to decide when he's ready. But for tonight, I'm enjoying being called Mom by 3 children.


No comments:

Post a Comment